Re: SFDC Custom Object not displaying /email scripting

AliProehl
Level 2

SFDC Custom Object not displaying /email scripting

Hi all, I'm trying to work through an issue with Marketo viewing and pulling a field from a custom object in SFDC. I'm not sure it's possible to do but wanted to ask the community. 

Scenario:

I want to send a "Buy Now" email that pulls a link from a field in a custom object within SFDC. The Custom object is associated with the Opportunity with a look up to the account. 

The Marketo Sync user has access to see this field - however when looking at the email script token I would need in order to pull that buy now link, I can't see the field I want to check the box. So is this even possible to do, and if not, anyone have a work around for me?

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

You can't access 2nd-level objects from Velocity script.

Darshil_Shah1

The only limitation in syncing the 2nd level object would be the in-availabilty to use in the velocity script. If you want to use the link from the CO then you can maybe copy it in some local MKTO field (you can have a trigger SC for this) and then you would be able to use the same in velocity script. Any suggestions/improvements welcome! 🙂

Phillip_Wild

We've run into this before (can't use 2nd level objects in scripts) - but you could have a formula field on the 1st level object, the Opportunity, which rolls up the information you need, potentially?