SOLVED

SFDC Custom Fields not updating in Marketo

Go to solution
JohnnyVillarini
Level 2

SFDC Custom Fields not updating in Marketo

My SF Admin created a custom field that is not syncing properly in Marketo. We are using this field as a token and it is mapped correctly in Field Management and Field Mapping but when we insert the token in the email, it is showing what was initially put in that custom field, not what we have updated it to.

Any ideas as to how to fix this? Should we resync SF with Marketo or vice versa to see if it updates? I'm not too familiar with Salesforce.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: SFDC Custom Fields not updating in Marketo

Have you created that new field but didn't have any change on the synced lead? I mean, the sync only occurs if a change happens.

I'd just take one lead and watch it in Marketo and Salesforce. If the field values in "Lead Owner RingDNA Calendar Link" are not the same, just make an insignificant to any synced field in either Marketo or Salesforce and wait for the background sync to happen. After a few minutes, both systems should have the same value. If not, check the activity history on your lead in Marketo to see what happened.

Don't look at the token yet. First monitor the fields directly in your Marketo Lead Detail view.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Have you checked if updates are blocked in Field Management?

JohnnyVillarini
Level 2

Yes, it says none
marketo-field-blocked-mapping.png

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Have you created that new field but didn't have any change on the synced lead? I mean, the sync only occurs if a change happens.

I'd just take one lead and watch it in Marketo and Salesforce. If the field values in "Lead Owner RingDNA Calendar Link" are not the same, just make an insignificant to any synced field in either Marketo or Salesforce and wait for the background sync to happen. After a few minutes, both systems should have the same value. If not, check the activity history on your lead in Marketo to see what happened.

Don't look at the token yet. First monitor the fields directly in your Marketo Lead Detail view.

JohnnyVillarini
Level 2

The Marketo field was still showing the old information so I manually updated it in his lead details. My SF Admin then added the custom fields for the rest of the leads in SF and it synced perfectly for a few but not the rest. I'm extremely lost on why it is working for only a select few but I feel as though it may not be entirely a Marketo issue, perhaps Salesforce just isn't resyncing the new fields to Marketo since it looks like it is mapped correctly and everything

SanfordWhiteman

Is this a Formula field? Don't know if we've covered that question.

JohnnyVillarini
Level 2

Yes they are both formula fields

SanfordWhiteman

Well, there's your answer (probably). You need to touch every one of these leads in some other way to push updates. Formula fields do not themselves trigger an update.
JohnnyVillarini
Level 2

anddd that was it! Our SF Admin is using data loader now to update each lead. Thank you both for all the help!