SOLVED

Re: SFDC Campaign Sync - necessary steps for removal?

Go to solution
John_Westley
Level 4

SFDC Campaign Sync - necessary steps for removal?

Hi everyone,

If a SalesForce user deletes a campaign from a persons reocrd and it is synced with a Marketo program, in this case a roadshow, does it automatically delete that person from the Marketo program ... and vice versa.

I'm wondering if I need to have these Smart Campaigns in every road show to keep the event roster and success numbers clean.

We create the roadshow in Marketo and then sync it to create a new campaign in SFDC.

This smart campaign would be for taking someone out of the MKTO program when client services or sales deletes the SFDC campaign.
0EM50000000Sca6.jpg

This smart campaign would be for deleting the SFDC campaign when the person is taken out of a MKTO program.
0EM50000000ScaB.jpg

Here's a screenshot showing that how the Campaign and Program are setup:
0EM50000000ScaQ.jpg
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey John,

I think you need to have these smart campaigns in each tradeshow to keep the list clean. We've actually moved away from the automatic campaign sync to Salesforce so that we can choose when it is synced over and when it can be removed. Becuase when you do the general sync, I think it ignores any of these flow actions that you have specified above in the screenshots.

This article should help answer your question as well: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000KytlCAC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Interesting question. I believe Marketo would resync the Program Member back into the SFDC Campaign. You could test it.

Your first flow seems fine, but possibly unneeded.
The second flow is totally unnecessary - Marketo knows to remove the lead from the SFDC Campaign when the Program Status = Not In Program.

Why would someone remove a Campaign Member in SFDC? Very few people should be able to do that.
John_Westley
Level 4

Josh thanks for the input and you're right I do need to test it!

The use case is that we do multiple roadshows in a region and many times during the reminder and confirmation stage a client or prospect will say that they can't attend and want to change their reservation to a new event.

We don't want to change their status to No Show but rather transfer the reservation from one campaign to another.

This would be done in SFDC by client services or the sales team so I want to make sure it is reconciled correctly on the Marketo side.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey John,

I think you need to have these smart campaigns in each tradeshow to keep the list clean. We've actually moved away from the automatic campaign sync to Salesforce so that we can choose when it is synced over and when it can be removed. Becuase when you do the general sync, I think it ignores any of these flow actions that you have specified above in the screenshots.

This article should help answer your question as well: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000KytlCAC
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you want to transfer the person to another campaign, then it might work better if you do this in marketo. You could have a sales insight campaign that says "Transfer to X Campaign" and it does a Program Status=Not In Program in first campaign and Program Status=Registered in the other Program.

But i'd test the above too.

Tabitha is right that syncing automatically will ignore any MQL flows you setup. I usually handle that by having new leads go into a Queue first anyway. The second flow will be ignored if your Program is already synced to SFDC.
John_Westley
Level 4

So I tested both ways manually without the proposed workflows
  • Removing from roadshow progam in Marketo to delete campaign in SFDC
    • This worked perfectly everytime

• Deleting campaign in SFDC to remove from roadshow program Marketo
    • This did not work every time, sometimes it took the record out of the program and other stayed in

So I tested the smart program that looks for "Removed from SFDC Campaign" and use the flow step to "Change Program Status = Not In Program".

Since the actions from SFCD to Marketo were spotty sometimes it would need to run through the flow and sometimes it would skip the flow because it couldn't find the record in the program anymore.

I'm going to add that Smart Campaign to all of our roadshows going forward to ensure that if a person is removed from a roadshow by our staff that person no longer receives any reminders or follow ups emails.

Thanks for all of the help everyone!