SFDC Campaign Influence Report

Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC Campaign Influence Report

In a few revenue reporting/RCA sessions at the Summit, the limitations of the SFDC Campaign Influence Report were mentioned briefly.   I recall a few speakers indicated there were some issues with relying on it.

What are the limitations that you see of the campaign influence influence report in Salesforce?

I am looking at building out more advanced reports to show program attribution and influence based on programs/campaign.  

I am diving deeper into RCA (FT and MT measures, etc.).  Our company syncs all leads and contacts with Marketo and SFDC.

I understand one limitation is that the report is only based on contacts, so a lead's "primary campaign source" is only based on the last campaign/program success.  

Let me know if there are others.

Thanks,
Kevin
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SFDC Campaign Influence Report

Hi Kevin,

There are a lot of consideration when using SFDC campaign influence reports - but what may seem like a limitation to one organization may look more like a feature to another - so it's difficult to generalize.

I have a lot of experience with SFDC campaign reporting, including RCA type reports but in SFDC and would be happy to share what I've learned. Feel free to reach out directly on my LinkedIn or at grant.grigorian@gmail.com.

Thanks!