SF Campaign + List Upload help

Anonymous
Not applicable

SF Campaign + List Upload help

Recently I've been creating a Campaign in Salesforce prior to an event. I will then get an event attendee list and upload it into marketo, but not sync it to my SFDC campaign unless an action is taken by someone within my event program (form fill or link click).

My question is, when I upload a list to Marketo is it automatically synced to salesforce? I am so confused on how to best handle list uploads into marketo for pre-event outreach. Current leads/contacts are updated with accurate information during the upload, but for event purposes should current people wait to be added to that SFDC campaign until they preform an action?

What about the people that I upload and aren't in the system and are now in marketo are they also in SF? I am so confused. help

I don't want salesforce people to do anything with these people unless they express interest via an action.

I had someone in my organization asked me if there were people that existed in Marketo that may not be in Salesforce. If I am preforming an upload just into marketo how do I answer that question?

3 REPLIES 3
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: SF Campaign + List Upload help

The fist thing is test it by uploading yourself and see what happens.

Bear in mind when using list uploads to programs:

If using the Marketo Program connection to an SFDC campaign, yes it will sync all to SFDC regardless if they are ready for a sales conversation.

Even if its a static list local to that program as all members will be given a default member status and sync automatically.

If your not using the program sync and your using the flow action ’Sync to SFDC’ in a smart campaign then they all won’t get syncd unless you build it in to the trigger or schedule your batch campaign.

If your uploading to Marketo Database area and into a static list, it will sync to SFDC if you have a global smart campaign to sync all leads on Marketo lead creation.

Hope some of this makes sense…

Colin_Mann
Level 5

Edward has it right. We used to sync at the program level i.e. automatically but we no longer use that and instead use flow steps in a smart campaign to 'Add to SFDC campaign'.

The reason is similar to the one you describe - we were finding that lists such as direct mail were appearing with our agents in SFDC before the mailers had arrived.

We therefore moved to smart campaign triggers so that contacts only move to SFDC based on triggered success criteria (such as attended event, email/landing page engagement etc.).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, this is super helpful!