Re: SDR Outbound Program Marketo+SFDC Best Practices?

Anonymous
Not applicable

SDR Outbound Program Marketo+SFDC Best Practices?

I'd like to put together SDR task campaigns and reporting for an outbound calling program. The task campaigns and ROI reporting will live in Marketo while individual SDR performance reporting will live in SFDC.

I am looking for backend setup best practices for being able to task a certain amount of leads each week to various SDRs and best practices on marrying those to SFDC.

Does anyone have any detailed examples of how they've set up either webinar follow up campaigns or list building campaigns to task SDRs to get in touch with program members?

Also--is it better to host the tasking campaigns within individual programs and then bucket success in an separate SDR program or is it best to host all individual campaigns (webinar tasks, list building tasks, etc.) under one SDR program?

Lastly, what are you using to track these tasks once they move into SFDC?

The more detailed the better!

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

• For a list building campaign where the list is uploaded and sent to SDRs, I would use a separate Program with statuses like
    • List Uploaded
    • Assigned
    • Call Attempt 1
    • Call Attempt 2
    • Engaged (whatever this is less than a meeting (success)
    • Meeting Assigned (success)
    • No Contact (no success)
    • Told me off (no success)
  • For assigning tasks for a webinar follow up, I would just add the Task in one of two ways
    • Lifecycle System (did they do enough to deserve call?) this is better because they might be more ready. Assign Tasks as part of Stage and Sync process.
    • Webinar assignment - assign Task on Attended=True. I guess you could add a status here, but not sure why it matters.
  • Tracking SFDC Tasks
    • sounds like you are already doing this. An Activity Report by Rep and Type of Activity should show you what you want. Make sure they are clear on closing out tasks and follow ups.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh -- this is where we are heading!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

We set up a SFDC campaign, as child to the main webinar campaign, just for SDR calls/follow ups. This way it's easy for us to assign out the members to the SDRs (through views or lead assignment) and track the activity. We can also see the progress in Marketo and adjust our emails invitations or follow ups based on the type of calls the member received (attempt, live conversation, discovery meeting, etc). We enforce a strict naming convention for activities which helps with reporting and segmentation in Marketo. Additionally, you can track activities against SFDC campaigns for contacts but not leads.

I like Josh's idea for an SDR Activity program with individual statuses.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Emily, I like the child campaigns for these types of tasks.