Re: Running NPS using SurveyMonkey and Marketo

Elizabeth_Robic
Level 3

Running NPS using SurveyMonkey and Marketo

Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience running a Net Promoter Score survey using SurveyMonkey and Marketo? Any and all insights would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Elizabeth

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using the integration?

We haven't used the integration (cost based reason), but we were thinking about building an outside program that sent out Survey Monkey links in emails.

What insights are you looking to have? How to build out?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Cheap Way - send email with SM link as described.

Exp Way - get SM integration and add a field called "NPS Score - Current" then push the value from the survey to the lead.

But I'd question why you would want the lead to have the score on it because NPS is an aggregate measure, not a lead measure. What would you do if you received a "6" from a lead? Email them again to annoy them  more? Be careful.

Elizabeth_Robic
Level 3

Thank you both. We've looked into the SM integration and it is pricey. I was looking for insights to see if anyone had gone the integration route and if it was worthwhile as a SME.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say not worth it just yet.

TBlane_McMichen
Marketo Employee

I am using the SurveyMonkey integration for several reasons.  I prefer to manage all of my lead data in Marketo and not have it in different databases.  Also, I need the survey response data to us in campaign logic.  It costs a little more, but I hope to get it back in simplified design and data reconciliation between sources.

Courtney_McAra4
Level 4

Bump.

For anyone who was paying attention to this old thread, our Product Team just upgraded the SurveyMonkey integration.  You can now map your survey answers directly to Marketo fields, eliminating the need to create Smart Campaigns to push values over.  Anyone with Version 1 was automatically upgraded the new and improved edition.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out!

Elizabeth_Robic
Level 3

Exciting! Although I not longer use SurveyMonkey with Marketo (new company, new Marketo instance),  I'm glad to see updates.

Courtney_McAra4
Level 4

Ohhhhh, bummer!   I'd love to hear what people think comparing V1 to V2.....

Well if you think Survey's might be helpful at Exinda, you know who to call 

TBlane_McMichen
Marketo Employee

Hi Courtney

I am using it and I like that we can map the responses directly.  I am curious, is there any delay in the field update?  I would like to redirect the user to a different landing page, depending on how they answer one of the questions.  Also, is there any detailed documentation on how you set-up the Smart Campaign logic?  It seems a bit vague, since we need to paste int he question text, I am never confident that it is set properly.  It would be different if I could pull down the question from the pick list.  Also, it isn't clear on how to use the SurveyMonkey Event filter.  I don't know what responses to test for. Thanks!