SOLVED

Run filter before Trigger in Smart Campaigns

Go to solution
Shwetang
Level 2

Run filter before Trigger in Smart Campaigns

Hi All,

I have a situation where I want to run filter before triggers in Smart Campaigns. In one smart campaigns, there are some 20 triggers on Person fields update. So when there is an update on the Person record, these triggers kicks in and execute the flow. Now when there is a list import, all these triggers are executing for huge number of records which is causing delays in Marketo system. I want to de couple the list import updates from normal updates. Is there a way through which I separate the updates of list import and execute the Smart Campaign only if updates are not coming from List Import. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Run filter before Trigger in Smart Campaigns

You can constrain the Data Value Changes trigger by Source.

To exclude changes that were caused by a list import:

2021-03-07 00_39_18-Marketo _ T1 (Smart List) • Marketing Activities.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

You can constrain the Data Value Changes trigger by Source.

To exclude changes that were caused by a list import:

2021-03-07 00_39_18-Marketo _ T1 (Smart List) • Marketing Activities.png

Shwetang
Level 2

If under Smart Campaign -> Smart List -> I have 10 "Data Value Changes" trigger and I add Source Constraint as "Source is Not List Import" in all those triggers, will it stop the trigger and reduce the load on Marketo system or still trigger will execute? Reason I am asking this is I want to remove the load of triggers on the system if update is coming from List Import. 

SanfordWhiteman

The trigger won't execute for list imports.

Of course the criteria must still be evaluated (to determine that they don't qualify), but that's very unlikely to be a problem.