Re: Run a Survey in Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Run a Survey in Marketo

Hi community!

We are trying to build an internal staff survey using Marketo Forms and would like to keep the responses anonymous. We have switched off the munchkin tracking on the landing pages so we don't track any activity.

I set up a smart campaign in Marketo that deletes first name, last name once a survey has been completed. I can't figure out how to overwrite the email address field to keep the survey responses anonymous?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vaishali

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Probably should move the thread to Products​ as it's Marketo-specific (not about the Marketing discipline more generally).

Removing the Munchkin tracking on only single LP is not enough, as I explained in this comment: Re: Change program status from a lead alert email​.

If you don't want to keep the email address, last name, or first name, don't have those fields on the form!  Then to make sure the form is an anonymous referral, use the standard Forms 2.0 API code Dan reprinted here: Re: Change program status from a lead alert email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

Thanks for your prompt response on this.

The problem is that we are sending this survey in an email to a defined list and we already know who these people are in Marketo. Is there a way to mask their email address so we can keep the survey results anonymous?

Thanks

Vaishali

SanfordWhiteman

The problem is that we are sending this survey in an email to a defined list and we already know who these people are in Marketo. Is there a way to mask their email address so we can keep the survey results anonymous?

As I noted above, if you follow the Referral Form pattern (the Forms 2.0 API code) and don't include the Email on the form, then the form submission is not associated with a known lead. The results will be associated with a new, email-less named lead.  You can also add a random identifier instead as the email, like so:

MktoForms2.whenReady(function(form){

form.setValues({

Email : 'Unknown-' + Math.random().toString().substring(2)

});

});

SanfordWhiteman

Plus what Josh said.

If you specifically don't want to associate form-as-survey responses to named leads -- tracking to leads is the sole advantage to trying to use Marketo as a survey tool -- then why bother?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Other than Sanford's insights, why not run this through SurveyMonkey instead? Marketo's not a survey tool.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford & Josh for your insights. And yes agree - Marketo is not a survey tool. We were looking for ways to centralise our client & internal surveys. Thanks again for your help.