SOLVED

Re: Rich text token prints markup in my text-only emails

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rich text token prints markup in my text-only emails

Has anybody else noticed that when you use a rich text "my" token to place a link in an email you get something like this when you send yourself a text test?

<strong><span style="color: #035291;"><a href="http://www.google.com/">Fancy example link</a></span></strong>

Is there any way to edit the text version of this?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What I do is create a text and RT version of each token to avoid these problems.

A good idea though.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What I do is create a text and RT version of each token to avoid these problems.

A good idea though.
Erica_Harris2
Level 3

Is there no way around doing this? We are setting up a massive suite of engagement programs and to have to set up separate text emails for each variant of each email will be a huge amount of additional work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How does Marketo know which to use?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, I see, you put the rich text one in the html version and the text one in the text version.

Kathi_Gosche
Level 4

Having the same issue. Seems "plain text" should strip out the token's code just like any other element. Now I have to edit every email just so that the text version has the text tokens? Isn't the whole point of tokens to save time?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally. I wish they would address the problem instead of requiring solutions like this that create the opportunity for more problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can see there's an Idea submitted for this problem...

Worth up-voting.

I also added my own idea while trying to solve this with script tokens ...

This would be useful for looping through data to create list items. Otherwise I need 2 script tokens.

Kathi_Gosche
Level 4

How do you handle calendar file tokens? There isn't a plain text version as far as I can tell.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try adding your calendar token to your html version. Then preview. You can then see the link's url. Note it down. You can tailor your own text for the text only version and add the link underneath.