Re: Review of the Marketo/Outlook Plugin for Sales Reps in Salesforce (email analytics)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Review of the Marketo/Outlook Plugin for Sales Reps in Salesforce (email analytics)

As I was installing the Marketo Sales Insight feature in Salesforce I noticed there was also a Marketo Plugin for Outlook. My assumption is that Sales Reps can send personal emails to contacts and have the analytics tracked via Marketo (opens, clicks, etc) and it will show up in the Sales Insight App in Salesforce. Is there anyone who is using this feature that can share their experience with it? There are a lot of email analytic solutions out there, but the thought of this activity bundled with the marketing activity for a consolidated view in Salesforce via the Sales Insight App might be efficient. I guess I'm wondering if there is anyone who uses this and loves it, and anyone who would caution me against it.

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Review of the Marketo/Outlook Plugin for Sales Reps in Salesforce (email analytics)

Marketo has improved the Outlook plugin. A couple of things to note:

• requires licenses to be issued to each user
  • requires setup at the user's computer
  • needs training
  • yes, it works well
  • yes, it records Sales Email data into Marketo for the leads.
  • I believe only the first email address is used to record the data in case there are multiple people on the lead record.
  • yes, I would tend to use this to replace other tools because it will lower costs.
  • yes, sales may complain a bit during the transition.