SOLVED

Revenue Cycle Model - Tracking by Account

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Revenue Cycle Model - Tracking by Account

Can anyone explain explain exactly what happens if "Tracking by Account" is selected for a stage or stages in a Revenue Cycle Model? Does it mean what it sounds like, that if there are 2 or more leads in the stage from the same Account in SFDC they will only be counted as 1? And that this will be reflected in the Success Path Analyzer? I can't seem to find any product documentation on this except for in reference to Revenue Explorer, which my client does not have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Revenue Cycle Model - Tracking by Account

This only matters if you use the RCE report Model Analysis (Companies). Otherwise there is no effect on the data in success path analyzer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This only matters if you use the RCE report Model Analysis (Companies). Otherwise there is no effect on the data in success path analyzer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the clarification, Josh, as that's really helpful. I do wonder, though, by Marketo even puts a checkbox in our Model that lets us choose when to start "tracking by account" when it does nothing. I was assuming that it actually started tracking by account instead of by individual lead at that point. That's too bad!

My question is, how do people who haven't upgraded to RCE make the Success Path Analyzer useful for them? I feel that unless your company sells a product that always just has one lead attached to the deal, the whole Success Path Analyzer is garbage (without tracking by account, which apparently it doesn't do). Am I missing something? I don't want to see how many leads made it to our "won" stage when 10 of those leads are all attached to the same deal/sale. That messes up our numbers and % and makes for a useless Success Path Analyzer as far as I can tell.

Yoav_Guttman1
Level 4

did you ever have any clarity on this?