Reusing 2.0 form for multiple assets

Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Reusing 2.0 form for multiple assets

I was wondering if anyone had devised a good solution to reuse a 2.0 form for multiple assets when embedding the form? So for instance if I wanted to just create a "White Paper" form and then have that same form be used for all 10 white papers I have, instead of having to clone and tweak the form each time.

The problem I see is that I don't know how to dynamically modify the thank you page. So unless it's a generic page and there's a separate flow action that delivers the asset, I'm not sure how to achieve the goal.

Has anyone tried this?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reusing 2.0 form for multiple assets

Hi Matt--we use the same form on lots of pages, and have separate thank you pages set up for most of our programs. That way we can suggest related content.

You can override the default redirect settings that you set when you build a Forms 2.0 form when you drag it onto a landing page. You should get the same pop-up asking where the form should redirect as you did when the older forms.

Does that help?
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Hi Kate -- I was more looking if there was a way to do this when using the new embed function and not using the Marketo landing pages to manage the redirect settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Matt, I haven't. Either you can create a custom hidden field(s) in SFDC or Marketo that gets overwritten every time they fill out a different form for an asset to help you triage off of that field but there's not a clear history (besides that they got the autoresponder) OR you can create separate campaigns for each and use the unique URL (if you have one) for each asset. The first is more scalable but gets overwritten every time. The second is a bit less scalable but maybe not so bad if you don't have/add a ton of assets regularly as you can just clone and change a few things from similar campaigns.
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Hi Paul,

Thanks for responding to such an old thread! I think in the months since I originally posed the question I was able to figure it out... if you use the embed code for the form and modify it with this: http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/websites/forms-2-0/ -- you can overwrite redirect settings without having to use a landing page. Likewise, you can then use the URL for where the form is going to sit in a trigger campaign, which could then send an email based on that page, set data values, etc.