SOLVED

Re: Restrict SFDC lead records view for Marketo User but still allow for record deletion

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Restrict SFDC lead records view for Marketo User but still allow for record deletion

I've set up my SFDC org to restrict Leads record views for the Marketo User (SFDC Lead object is set to Private, I created a Lead sharing rule to allow the Marketo User Read/Write access to Leads based upon a "Synch with Marketo" checkbox and set the Marketo User profile up with Read/Create/Edit permissions).  The issue I'm having is that without "Modify All" permissions in SFDC, the Marketo user is unable to delete leads in SFDC.  What needs to be done from the Marketo side (or SFDC side) to allow for leads deletion?  Thanks for your help
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ksenia_Boroduli
Level 3

Re: Restrict SFDC lead records view for Marketo User but still allow for record deletion

Hi Tricia, Liz,
We have similar process with restricting SFDC leads accessibility to Marketo user, using Lead Sharing rules.

To delete SFDC leads from Marketo, you need to first run 'Change Owner' lead action in Marketo to change the owner for those leads to Marketo user. Then you should be able to delete those leads.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you figure this out? We're experiencing a similar issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, not yet.  Am a little disappointed no-one out there in the community has been able to help...
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Hi, this resource may help you, some great tips:
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000Gu0CCAS

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is indeed a great video, however the issue I'm experiencing wasn't addressed in it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tricia, are you at the AtTaks office in Lehi? LANDesk is just up the road in South Jordan! If you're in Lehi, you should come to the Marketo user group meeting next week so we can commiserate over our Marketo/SFDC integrations. 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Liz, depending on what day it is, I'd love to come, I'm still learning the ins and outs of the SFDC/Marketo integration and would love to hear what others have experienced/best practices!  Here's my email address: triciaphilip@attask.com.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

You should be able to customize the Marketo Sync user accross your SFDC standard objects. Ask you SFDC admin to show you the check boxes for the Marketo Sync user.
You only need to revoke objects if:
  • Revoke ‘Documents’ if you’re not publishing emails to MSI
  • Revoke ‘delete leads’ to disable deletion of Leads
  • Revoke ‘Campaigns’ if not syncing Campaigns
0EM50000000RZ7o.jpg
Ksenia_Boroduli
Level 3

Hi Tricia, Liz,
We have similar process with restricting SFDC leads accessibility to Marketo user, using Lead Sharing rules.

To delete SFDC leads from Marketo, you need to first run 'Change Owner' lead action in Marketo to change the owner for those leads to Marketo user. Then you should be able to delete those leads.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much Ksenia, that might be the missing piece for us.