SOLVED

Restoring Records from SFDC recycle bin

Go to solution
Raj_Jain
Level 2

Restoring Records from SFDC recycle bin

I have some logic in my Marketo instance such that if a record 'is deleted" in SFDC then it removes the record from ymMarketo instance

Recently there was a mass deletion of contact records in our SFDC instance. I have since restored those contact records in SFDC via the recycle bin.

I haven't seen those records show up in my Marketo database yet... will they come back via synch?

What is the best way to add them back into my Marketo database and make sure it inherits the old Marketo values from the SFDC record that was restored?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Re: Restoring Records from SFDC recycle bin

I would just export from SFDC and import through Marketo. They will sync and merge (if you have 1:1). Your SFDC create date and MKTO create date will be different, but it should solve the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

Hello Raj,

Just to be sure I am adding this doc: Delete Person from SFDC - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation .

As it written in the doc" If you set Delete in Marketo to true and delete the people from Marketo and the leads from Salesforce, they are gone forever. This can't be undone."

How much time passed since you restored the records and they still didn't show up?

Ronen Wasserman
Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

I would just export from SFDC and import through Marketo. They will sync and merge (if you have 1:1). Your SFDC create date and MKTO create date will be different, but it should solve the issue.