SOLVED

Re: Responsive Landing Pages

Go to solution
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

The feature should be rolled out to everyone at this point. If you're having any difficulties, please contact support. 

Also, if you haven't already corresponded with me about beta opportunities, please send me an email. We'll have upcoming beta opportunities for the second phase of the responsive LP project. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The feature that was recently rolled out is NOT responsive landing pages, rather it creates a separate mobile version, this is very different than responsive design.

When will the marketo landing page editor be able to accept outside CSS with media queries, for a true responsive landing page? 
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Danielle,

Please see my post above from 11/13/14. We split the project into two parts and the second is being implemented as we speak. You should reach out to me if you'd like early access when the time comes! After talking with a bunch of our customers, I can tell you that the term "responsive" means different things to different people. If you think about it, media queries are conceptually similar to what we've done in part one. Just instead of there being one threshold, there are usually several.

Not sure if you're already doing this today, but it actually is possible to use outside CSS in a Marketo landing page with media queries. There just isn't an easy way today for folks to edit these pages without using program tokens. This is what we aim to improve with part two of the project.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, we are currently using outside CSS with media queries, it just means I have to edit everything at the template level myself and those in marketing with HTML/CSS can not make text edits.

I have many more landing pages to create for our sister company and I don't want to be shooting myself in the foot doing this way if a rollout is on the horizon.

Do I send you an email to request to be an early adopter?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Danielle, I started using your same approach and had the same issues - Marketo is not structured to support this method of design effectively. You might want to take a look this chain with further tips on recommendations to build using tokens: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000Q13xAAC

Justin, could you also add me to be an early adopter please? Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I got really fed up not having a mobile landing page for our company so I took things into my own hands and looks like I came up with a similar solution to Marketo, except it only took my a couple of hours.

Similar to Marketo you create 2 landing pages, one optimised for desktop and one for mobile.
The only link you ever share is the link to the desktop version, this LP includes Script in the Head Tags that redirects to the mobile version depending on the screen size of the device in use.

Here is an example I put together, take a look:
Desktop version: https://info.quantcast.com/mobile-responsive-desktop-lp.html
Mobile version: https://info.quantcast.com/mobie-responsive-mobile.html
Nobody ever gets the link to the mobile version and we never share it but instead viewers get redirected to it from the desktop version if their screen size is less tha 800px.

Also you may notice I have placeholder text working in the form which is a very nice feature and relatively straight forward to implement.
In addition to this I have created a cutom hiddden field in the form to track all downloads from desktop vs mobile.

If you have any questions or want to know more feel free to reach out to me, I'll be happy to help.

All the best,

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clever work-around @Mark H!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subscribing
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subscribing. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Justin --

Subscribing to this thread, and wondering if there is an update on the fluid tables landing page editor?  Will there be a beta invite to test this out soon?