Re: Responsive Emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Responsive Emails

Is it possible to create responsive emails in MKTO?
Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely!  In fact there is a library of responsive email templates that you can download using the Import Program command - choose "Marketo Program Library" as the Subscription (only choice) and "Responsive Email Templates" as the Import Program.  After you do this a new Program will be added in your Marketing Activities tab with sample emails and there will be a bunch of new Email Templates will be added in your Design Studio tab.  The key for these is the Media Query (@media) HTML tag and associated CSS for different viewport sizes.
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Elliot said, you can import some responsive templates from Marketo.  But you can also modify any 3rd party responsive template to work with Marketo.  You just need to add in the mktEditable sections and give each of those sections it's own unique ID.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our emails are completely responsive. Please note that a responsive template to build upon is not a big magix red button. If you really want to make something proper you need to think about how you would present your email on a mobile compared to a bigger screen (e.g. buttons full width, removing fine print). Use the @Mediaqueries to restyle your elements.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Elliott - are these templates still avaiable? For some reason I'm not finding them on the import list?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jason - 

You should be able to find the templates at the new Marketo templates website: http://templates.marketo.com/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Elliot,

My development team has put together a really nicely designed email template that works great through another email platform (which we are moving away from to solely use Marketo), but gets translated quite differently once in Marketo.

Is there any way to make emails responsive and NOT use a Marketo template?

Thanks.

Ken

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any follow-up to Ken T's question? I have the same question. Our custom, responsive email templates seem to be adversely translated by Marketo makeing them no longer responsive. I saw Kenny Buckles comment about the need to "need to add in the mktEditable sections" but is there any documentation that could direct you exactly how to do this?

Thanks - JFly
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeff F - https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz3bCAC Here is how you add the Marketo editable sections.
Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

Not sure about you guys, but I am a Marketer with zero coding expertise. So using Marketo templates was out of the question for me. I needed a tool that allowed me to pick my template, and then customize it with my brand colors, images and social channels without touching the HTML code.

That is why we created Knak.

Knak is a Marketo responsive template builder, that allows Marketers to create beautiful Marketo templates, with no coding required. You can create your template in less than 5 minutes.

I'd encourage you all to go and try it out. We launched the product this week at Summit, and have already almost 100 users using the tool.

Simply go to www.knak.io and enter your email to get started. Would also love to hear your feedback as you use the tool. Cheers!