SOLVED

Resetting Person Score to = Behavior + Demographic Score

Go to solution
TammyChan
Level 2

Resetting Person Score to = Behavior + Demographic Score

I turned on our scoring and SF Marketo Score got mapped to a different field. Does anyone have any suggestions for resetting a person score so that it is equal to demographic + behavior? I see that I can change data value to the behavior score token, but I don't know how I would also add in the demographic score.

Tags (1)
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Salytics
Level 3

Re: Resetting Person Score to = Behavior + Demographic Score

Hi Tammy,

You could try exporting all of your lead data for behavior, demographic, and person scores. Update Person Score in your spreadsheet so that it is equal to the sum of the behavior and demographic scores. Then import the sheet with the updated Person Scores.

Unfortunately, this isn't the most elegant solution as it does require using static exported data. There is a chance that someone's behavior or demographic score could change while you are exporting, summing, and importing. If that happens, you may have to repeat the process or make some manual adjustments. To minimize the chances of this happening, you should schedule this process for a time when the majority of your database is relatively inactive.

Moving forward, you could add a flow step to your scoring smart campaigns. Make sure that any change to Behavior Score and Demographic Scores also change Person Score by the same amount like so:

Salytics_0-1600459844821.png

(Obviously, use tokens if possible)

This effectively ensures that your Person Score is equal to the sum of your Behavior and Demographic Scores.

Hope that helps!
Dan

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In one of my admittedly quite technical post on Extremely Strange Webhooks, I provided a method to do score addition in Marketo without calling an external service (just using files in Design Studio).

TammyChan
Level 2

Hi Dan, 

I wasn't sure if this was doable, as I thought uploading leads into Marketo meant it needed to be a 'new' lead - I thought Marketo doesn't like updating information on leads? 

4 REPLIES 4
Salytics
Level 3

Hi Tammy,

You could try exporting all of your lead data for behavior, demographic, and person scores. Update Person Score in your spreadsheet so that it is equal to the sum of the behavior and demographic scores. Then import the sheet with the updated Person Scores.

Unfortunately, this isn't the most elegant solution as it does require using static exported data. There is a chance that someone's behavior or demographic score could change while you are exporting, summing, and importing. If that happens, you may have to repeat the process or make some manual adjustments. To minimize the chances of this happening, you should schedule this process for a time when the majority of your database is relatively inactive.

Moving forward, you could add a flow step to your scoring smart campaigns. Make sure that any change to Behavior Score and Demographic Scores also change Person Score by the same amount like so:

Salytics_0-1600459844821.png

(Obviously, use tokens if possible)

This effectively ensures that your Person Score is equal to the sum of your Behavior and Demographic Scores.

Hope that helps!
Dan

TammyChan
Level 2

Hi Dan, 

I wasn't sure if this was doable, as I thought uploading leads into Marketo meant it needed to be a 'new' lead - I thought Marketo doesn't like updating information on leads? 

SanfordWhiteman

You absolutely can use a standard UI-based import to update fields! Marketo is happy to only update - just remember, it'll dedupe on Email Address, so if you already have dupes, only one of them will be updated.

SanfordWhiteman

In one of my admittedly quite technical post on Extremely Strange Webhooks, I provided a method to do score addition in Marketo without calling an external service (just using files in Design Studio).