SOLVED

Re: Resend an e-mail if the lead hasn't opened it in a week

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Resend an e-mail if the lead hasn't opened it in a week

Hi all,

I am pretty new in Marketo, so maybe my question is very silly. Anyway here it goes:

We have sent some e-mail campaigns. Now, we would like to resend those same emails to the leads that haven't opened yet the previous email, but just to those ones.

We have tried to do it with a smart campaign using a Trigger (E-mail not opened) and the Wait Flow Step, but it didn't work.

What do you recommend to do in these cases?

Thank you very much in advance,

Best,

Soraya

P.S.: Could someone explain me clearly the Wait Step Flow? I think I have misunderstood it (maybe it is because of the language ). Any info about building an Smart Campaign step by step would be very helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Trigger isn't going to work on this. Best to use a batch as Roxann describes.

The question is - why do you want to do this? If the lead wasn't interested the first time, why would they want to hear from you again?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hello Soraya,

The easiest way to re-send and email to the group of leads you are describing would be to create a Smart Campaign with the following Smart List:

- Logic: ALL

- Was Sent Email; Email is [name of email]

- Not Opened Email; Email is [name of email]

- Not Clicked Link in Email; Email is [name of email]

What is it that you don't understand about the Wait flow step?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, Roxann. This is really helpful.

When you insert a wait flow step and set a date, that means that you are asking Marketo to wait until that date to see if the lead enters in the smart campaign (because he/she fulfills the condition: opens the email, fills the form...) and then it sends the next email? Or you are setting the date where you want Marketo to send the next email? We did some tests and we received the next email 48 hours after that date.

Josh_Hill13

Trigger isn't going to work on this. Best to use a batch as Roxann describes.

The question is - why do you want to do this? If the lead wasn't interested the first time, why would they want to hear from you again?

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

The only use case I can imagine for this would be an invite to a webinar or offline event. But even then, it shouldn't be a carbon copy of the email they received a week ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh/Andy,

Thank you very much for your advice.

Best,

Soraya

Geoff_Krajeski1

A nice(r) workflow would be as follows:

• Send HTML long form email to user
  • Wait
  • If no action (click), Send HTML short form email (sometimes these are more personal as if from their rep, such as "did you have a chance to look at XYZ email that came T days back?", etc.)

Another note to keep in mind (depending on how many people are flowing though your instance at any give time) is that wait steps will be put in lower priority in the Campaign Queue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, Geoff.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have another question: when you create a smart campaign...how can you select the date/time your smart campaign is going to be sent?

You select who (smart list) + what (flow - actions)...but regarding When I can't see any option to choose the moment... could you help?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Soraya

Geoff_Krajeski1

The Schedule tab of the Smart Campaign will offer you the options for scheduling Soraya Gomez