Request limit exceeded

Pivnet_Engineer
Level 1

Request limit exceeded

My attempts to post to the Marketo "sync leads" endpoint are currently failing with the following error status:

(SOAP-ENV:Client) 20015 - Request limit exceeded

It's true that the amount of load that my service has increased lately which has increased the amount of leads that my service is trying to synchronize to Marketo.  My workers have already been configured to throttle their traffic to Marketo so I shouldn't be reaching the request limit.  I've stopped all my workers so that all traffic to Marketo is stopped.  I tried restarting this worker but I am still getting this error.

What's the nature of the request limit?  Do I need to wait 24 hours before I can start syncing leads to the Marketo API again?  What's the maximum number of requests that I can post each day?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Request limit exceeded

There are two types of limits: daily and per-minute. If you check the Developer Docs you'll see the latter as it's applied to all instances. The former would be in Marketo Admin.

If you exceed the the daily limit you must wait until 00:00.

Pivnet_Engineer
Level 1

Re: Request limit exceeded

Thank you!  I assume its the daily limit that we exceeded.  I'll try restarting my worker tomorrow to see if it can start syncing data again.