Re: Request campaign by referring URL

Anonymous
Not applicable

Request campaign by referring URL

Because of some internal hurdles and fun, last-minute discoveries, I'm attempting to have leads come into one campaign that's being requested via SOAP API, which then chooses which additional campaign to request based off of the referring URL.

Essentially I'd like to say if the URL contains qa.website.com, send it through one campaign that has one set of flow steps, if it's coming from www.website.com, send it through another.

Any ideas? The concept seemed simple enough, but the constraints we're able to add either at the campaign is requested trigger level or flowstep don't really seem to cut it.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd look into taking that referring URL and populating a field. How are you associating that lead with the referring URL/How do you attend to do so? Does this campaign intended to work on Known leads only? Or are you attaching the referring URL on form fill?

Today I had my team populate a referring URL into a custom field thats passed through form fill and the API. I use this field for sourcing/attribution campaigns.

If you go through this route, you will trigger campaigns on this field containing the URL's you are looking to use.

I'm sure this isn't the only way to do this, just one way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you might be on to something here. Thanks Tim.

The campaign will be only known leads, but the unfortunate part is the qa environment for this application tests with actual customer accounts, so I need to be able to build in some safe guards on my end that ensure that if the request comes from qa that it requests a separate process that won't update their record.