SOLVED

Re: Request Campaign as sub-routine?

Go to solution
Randy_Davis
Level 3

Request Campaign as sub-routine?

I was looking for an explanation of Request Campaign flow logic. Can a requested campaign act as a sub-routine that is called by a campaign, completes, and then returns to the original campaign flow? Or, once a campaign is requested, does it simply complete and not return? Any ideas you have for using Request Campaign and then returning to the original campaign flow would be much appreciated!

Randy
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Nope, it will run concurrently. So if you have a request campaign where the first step is wait 2 days, everything in the first campaign will have already completed -- it will not wait for the 2 days (and all subsequent flow steps) to occur. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Randy, when a campaign is requested the rest of the flow steps that follow in that first campaign will still execute. If you don't want them to execute, then you will need to add a "remove from flow" step. 
Randy_Davis
Level 3

Great! Thanks, Dory. One final question just to be certain. Will the subsequent flow steps in the original campaign complete only after the requested campaign steps have completed?

Thanks!
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Nope, it will run concurrently. So if you have a request campaign where the first step is wait 2 days, everything in the first campaign will have already completed -- it will not wait for the 2 days (and all subsequent flow steps) to occur. 
Randy_Davis
Level 3

Wow. Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like if I want to be sure that the requested campaign completes before continuing the flow steps in the original campaign, I need to follow the Request Campaign step with a Wait step or some other verification step.

All the best.

Rd