Re: Request Campaign Help!

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Request Campaign Help!

I'm referring to this guide: Request Campaign - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

I don't see a "Request Campaign" flow action in Marketo, the only options I have are below:

request-capture.PNG

What I really want to know is, how do I pull (or push) leads from one smart campaign into another? Right now, I can't seem to make it work.

Tags (1)
19 REPLIES 19
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Malik, in separate campaign you need to use the flow step "Request Campaign". Then you can have "Campaign is Requested" function as a trigger in other campaigns.

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Hi Malik,

My assumptions is you want to push members of one campaign A to campaign B. Screenshot which you have used is from Smart List tab of your smart campaign, you need to look under Flow step of your smart campaign.

Let A be the campaign which holds all the members and you want to push them to campaign B. All you need to do is go to Flow of Campaign A and add a flow step "Request Campaign".

Under Flow there are five buckets namely 1)Marketing, 2)Programs, 3) Special, 4)Salesforce and 5) Integration.

Under 3) Special option in Flow step you would see option "Request Campaign" now you can easily drag and drop it in your flow step and refer campaign B which you want to push all your leads from campaign A.

Thanks

Priyank

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Thanks for the detailed input!

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the quick responses.

Related question:

I want to control Salesforce Campaign status using request campaigns. For example:

Smart Campaign 1: big bucket, holds all members, members are sent an email.

Smart Campaign 2: Request campaign, filters out any leads who opened the email and changes their status to "open".

Smart Campaign 3: Request campaign, filters out any leads who clicked the email and changes their status to "clicked".

Now let's say a lead has opened an email but not clicked yet, will the lead just stay in Smart Campaign 3 until they do or does some kind of filter need to be added that tells Marketo what to do with a lead in "limbo".

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would advise against doing it that way.

First, if you synced your program and your SFDC campaign at the program level, the status updates will come over automatically.

Second, we do not recommending having opened and clicked as program and campaign statuses. This is an outdated method of using program membership that we no longer recommend. It adds unnecessary burden on the instance and adds virtually no value, since all of that information is available in OOB reporting. It is also of questionable value to provide that information to your sales team through SFDC campaigns and you would be better off looking into Sales Insight for this.

Third, there are better ways of tracking opens and clicks as statuses if you absolutely ignore point 2. When we used to do this more regularly, we would set up triggered campaigns based off the Opens Email and Clicks Link in Email triggers. You could also elect to run daily batch campaigns, which would not be as real-time in updating your SFDC campaign status, but would be better for the instance from a performance perspective.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

My program and SFDC campaign are synced - but does that help to update statuses? Does SFDC know automatically if an email has been opened or clicked? I thought it didn't, which is why I thought having a status campaign was necessary.

Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Don't use request campaign! That's my opinion. I always think there's a better way to build programs that is more scalable and easier to track than using request campaign. #justsayin

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Interesting, I've heard people say the opposite as well, I wonder if anyone else has additional input.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I guess it really depends on the use-cases.  They're great when using them as "sub-routines" for a multiple, complex smart campaigns that would otherwise include the same flow step logic in every campaign.  For example, we have central "Sync lead to CRM" and "Send Fast Tracked Marketing Alerts" campaigns defined that are called upon from many other lead lifecycle smart campaigns.  We have a very complex lead routing process (based on country) - and rather than build each of these within each of the smart campaigns (which would also make maintaining them more strenuous), we've build a single instance of them within an Operational folder instead.

pastedImage_0.png

And here's a sample of what the "Sync lead to CRM" smart campaign looks like.  Can you imagine if we had to include this flow step in every one of our lead lifecycle smart campaigns?  And worse, keeping them up-to-date?

pastedImage_1.png