Re: Reporting / results through the API

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting / results through the API

Noob to marketo and the whole premise of sales and marketing so forgive me as I figure out new terms and such. I'm an API developer who is working on feeding result data to our other systems. But I am having a hard time figuring out how to access that data. I've read through the documentation and I must be missing something but I can't tell if I could find it through assets, or leads or?? I've tried a few APIs so I can see IDs and records, but can't seem to find result oriented data. Ideally looking for the same thing we get from the campaign results xls / csv export only via API. I've attached an example of the report.

I don't mind doing the research if someone can point me in the right direction.

~TIA!

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please move the thread to Products. "Community" in this case refers to the Marketo Nation website itself.  Support questions go in the Products space (and yes, this is confusing!).

Anyway, this is more complex than you're hoping. The Marketo API does not easily (or, really, at all) allow for replication of in-built reporting via a single endpoint. The API gives access to raw data via numerous virtual tables (basically re-relationalizing an object model that's already on top of relational data). But it's going to be on you to pull all of the tables together.

In brief, what you probably want is to pair the Lead >> Activities endpoint with results from Lead >> Leads.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford, I really appreciate the feedback. I'm going to take a shot at automating an import of the emailed report since it has everything I need, and will be (possibly) less prone to complexity issues with merging data. Even though we prefer APIs, this was all ending up in a sql database for reporting, so in some senses importing the csv will more native.

+1 if Marketo wants to shoot a beta API link my way 🙂