Reporting on changes in lead attributions

Nichole_Tucker_
Level 2

Reporting on changes in lead attributions

Hello all!  

I am looking to report on a lead's status reason.  Specifically, I want to be able to report how many leads' status reason changed in one month (from one status reason value to a different one).  Is there a way to do this in Marketo?  I've tried creating a segmentation with the status reason and adding in each segment I want to see, then using the "segment changed" trigger in a smart campaign, just to see if i could pull leads and jot down the number from there, but I am not able to add a contraint that tells Marketo to show me who changed from "x" status reason to "y" status reason.  It only applies to those who simply "changed."  I am fairly new to Marketo, so I apologize if this feature is extremely obvious.  Any help would be great! 

Thanks so much!  
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Reporting on changes in lead attributions

Nichole,

I don't think this is extremely obvious at all. Are you specifically looking at the field Lead Status or the lead lifecycle, such as in RCM? RCM would help you do this if you had it running, as would RCE (I think).

You could use Segment Changed to add people to a static list that gave you the count for each type of change. You could more easily do this with a Data Value Changes instead, because why use a Segmentation up?

Data Value Changes IS Lead Status from X to Y (you'll need several triggers to do this for all of the possible changes)
If X to Y, Add to List X to Y

then look at the list count.

This might not show you weekly or monthly figures unless you look at the Campaign Membership or look at the lead count at a certain point in time.

Not sure if there's a better way, but let me know if that helps.
Nichole_Tucker_
Level 2

Re: Reporting on changes in lead attributions

Hi Josh,

I went ahead and set up some smart campaigns to add folks to a static list like you suggested.  It is working great, and I can actually achieve the time stamp from looking at the smart campaign results to make sure my total "change leads" is all in one month, week, day, etc.  

Thanks so much for the advice!  

-Nichole