SOLVED

Re: Reporting Marketo and Google Adwords

Go to solution
Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

Reporting Marketo and Google Adwords

Hi everyone,

In a document on Marketo and Google Adwords Overview  (https://nation.marketo.com/docs/DOC-1122), it says that all the followingreports are possible in Marketo. However, I'm not sure how to create them.

Reporting Available

• Number of new leads acquired by Google Adwords Program
  • Cost per new lead acquired by Google Adwords Program
  • Number of leads acquired by keyword/search phrase
  • Top 10 keywords/search phrases which acquired new leads
  • Top 10 AdWords CampaignID which acquired new leads
  • Number of Opportunities by keyword/search phrase
  • Number of Opportunities by CampaignID

Anyone has any advice on how to create these reports? Are there any templates available or overview on how to implement them?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Did you check Analytics for these reports? They may be possible with Lead Performance reports and I bet some are not out of the box - you'd have to build it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Did you check Analytics for these reports? They may be possible with Lead Performance reports and I bet some are not out of the box - you'd have to build it.

Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your answer. All right, I guess I'll find a way to create them based on the campaigns I've created. I'll play around in Analytics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Emmanuelle - Did you have success in building the reports you listed above in Marketo? If so, please share!

Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

Hi Mandy,

Unfortunately, I was not able to create all the reports I listed in my first post, like the top 10 keywords, top 10 campaigns, etc. But I was still able to create a few reports that are helpful.

First, you need to create a smart list to get all your Adwords traffic into one membership list. This is what I created on my end:

Smart List:

Trigger - Visits Web Page

Web Page is any
                    Querystring contains in (6) ‘gclid’; ‘aclk’; ‘utm_medium=PaidSearch’; ...
                    Referrer contains ‘google.’

Filter 1 - Is Anonymous

Is Anonymous is true

Filter 2 - initialWebSource

initialWebSource is empty

Flow:

Step 1 - Change Data Value :

Choice 1: If ‘initialWebSource’ is empty  then:Attribute:  ‘initialWebSource’
                    New Value: ‘PaidSearchAdwords’

Default Choice:

-- Do Nothing --

Once you have created your smart list campaign, then you will need to create a Program. This is where you will be able to add period costs and get all members (leads).

Finally, create a Program Performance so that you can create your report and see how many members you've gained.

In Analytics, you'll be able to use that smart list to create different reports to see how many leads you gained, the overall cost you've spent on Adwords, etc.

Hope this helps you a bit. I think it would be much easier to create overview reports if you have RCE.

Emma

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Emma! This is helpful!