Re: Report showing engagement over time

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report showing engagement over time

I'm doing some work on my nurture programs and am looking to build a few detailed reports that can show how the engagement scores, clicks and open rates have adjusted over time. I really like the Engagement Over Time chart on the Dashboard of the Engagement Programs but it is very difficult to read and analyze the information. It would be great if I could export this chart and even modify it beyond selecting individual emails but that doesn't appear possible.

Is there a way to chart engagement scores, clicks and opens over time? It would be great even if it was exporting the data and building the chart in Excel.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Reid,

There are a few things you can try for this.

First, you can put together smart lists for each of your emails to gather those leads that have clicked, opened, etc.  This would rely on those activities having been logged in a lead's record, and if some leads no longer existed then their activities would not be counted.

Second, you can use the Email Performance and Email Link Performance report in Analytics to look at the emails data directly.  This doesn't rely on lead activities, so you would possibly have more accurate information.

And finally, if you have the Revenue Cycle Explorer add-on you'll have access to more in depth reporting and charts on your emails.  This is something you would need to work with your account manager to get if you don't have it already.

John

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Except that Engagement Scores aren't synced to RCE. Clicks and Opens are.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John,

Thank you for your response! I'll try with the Smart List and see where I can go from there. Thanks for the suggestion.

I see Josh noted below that the engagement score isn't synced with the RCE. Is this something Marketo is looking to add?

Thanks!

Mark_McGourty
Level 2

Any way you can query reports off the Activity log; trying to figure out all activities by a given email address within past two years.  After that, I'd like to figure out particular activity types - Is this possible.  I have Smart Lists set up but based on last completed activity this doesn't work.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Just be careful if you‘re basing the engagement solely off of “click” activity (and definitely not on “opens”) due to all of the false positives that exist.  [Shared Blog]: I Want to Believe, But: Your Email Link Clicks Aren’t Real