Re: Report of new leads per content downloaded

Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

Report of new leads per content downloaded

Hello,

I am trying to create a report which lists new leads that were acquired in the last 7 days, and also what content they downloaded.

However, I am having a hard time combining the number of new leads with the list of content that was downloaded that week.

One option would of course be creating a field for every download (we have about 50, and counting) but this would not be workable.

I created a report under Analytics which shows me the number of acquired leads per week. I can add custom columns to show on which landing page they converted, but I can only add a maximum of 10 custom columns... we have a lot more content.

I also created a landing page performance report under Analytics, which gives me a list of all our landing pages, and the number of conversions. However, these reports do not include a smart list, so I cannot filter out myself and my colleagues or only include leads that were acquired in the last 7 days.

Does anyone know how to create a report, which shows me a list of new leads per week (or any other time frame), specified by the landing page they converted on (or program they are a member of)?

Jade Rice and I would highly appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Tom

Edit: the report must be under Analytics, since colleagues of mine need to be subscribed

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can use the Member of Program filter and /or other filters in a Smart List. This is the best way to get what you want. Depends a bit on how you structured your system.

• Member of Program Status=Filled Out Form
  • Filled Out Form X on Page Y
  • Visited Web Page IS *.pdf
Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your quick response.

Perhaps I should have stressed it: I need to create a report under Analytics, to which my other colleagues can be subscribed.

- The landing page performance reports do not allow me to add a smart list, to filter out certain leads.

- If I use a lead performance report, I can use a smart list to filter out leads and specify per program membership, but in the report itself,  I can only view 10 custom columns, which only allows me tho show 1/5th of all our content....

Any clue how to work around that?

Thanks again!

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Hi Tom,

What I think Josh is trying to say is that it's best practice to have (in your case) 50 programs that govern if someone has downloaded the content piece.

This way you can use the Program Performance report to analyze all 50 programs, the new names they generated and the successes had.

At my previous company we used this program to determine if someone had already received / read a content item to avoid sending them the item again from an engagement program.

If you have any questions on what a Content Item program would look like, please let us know. There's plenty of smart minds using these programs in the community.

Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

Hi Stijn,

Thanks for your help.

Of course we do have a separate program for every piece of content. I tried to use the program performance reports, but they do not include a smart list functionality. Also, they do not allow me to specify for a certain time frame (like last 7 days).

I appreciate your help, but unfortunately it is not yet the answer to this problem.

I simply cannot find a report (to which people can subscribe) that allows me to see all new leads acquired in the last 7 days/month/etc., that can exclude myself and my colleagues, and that specifies per lead what he/she downloaded.

Thanks again for all your input!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Tom,

Yes, Stijn had the right idea of where you could go if you wanted Analytics. If you have RCE, you can easily do this with Program Member reports.

Remember, this Friday, the long awaited Smart List subscriptions will be released, which may solve part of your problem.

If you really want to see a List of Leads with a list of Assets downloaded, I suggest a couple of solutions (now that coffee has kicked in):

• Campaign Membership Reports in SFDC - assumes you are connecting Programs to SFDC Campaigns in some way.
  • Multi Select Box/Long Text Box. - you will need a system to stamp each record each time they fill out a form with some sort of hidden field or Most Recent Asset field, which will then get appended to the existing text string like {{lead.Asset History}};{{lead.Most Recent Asset}}