Reply-to vs From

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reply-to vs From

When we send out email campaigns to clients we have one gloabal email address for each dept that everyone in that dept is tied to.I tend to get complaints from them that they get a ton of Out Of Office replies to their inbox. after a campaign launches.

If I set the reply-to email adress to my address and keep the from email adress as that team, will I get all the Out Of Office responses? it will be better for me to manage that and not have other people getting blasted!

Thanks!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reply-to vs From

I'm pretty sure your idea is on the money. One way to test this would be to send a test email just as you had thought, with reply-to set to your personal email. Once it is sent and recieved, try replying to it and see if it works!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep any email address in the reply-to will get auto replies. I get all of our webinar ones, lucky me 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh and Kim! Josh, I will test it out based on your instructions!
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is important to keep in mind not all email systems implement auto responders.

To be more specific, that is a feature still in draft mode, governed by two Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) standards:
RFC-3834 Recommendations for Automatic Responses to Electronic Mail
and
RFC-5230 Sieve Email Filtering: Vacation Extension

That may not be enabled or configured on systems implementing auto responders.
It is up to each email server administrator.
In general most systems will send the auto reply to the intended "reply to" address.
Some will send to "from" regardless what is set on "reply to".