SOLVED

Renewal Reminder Notifications - How do you handle end date being on opportunity record?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Renewal Reminder Notifications - How do you handle end date being on opportunity record?

I'm wondering if anyone in the community has found a creative solution for this yet. I would like to send renewal reminders to our annual customers, but the end date for their subscription lies in the opportunity record, and opportunity record fields do not pass to Marketo. Marketo's solution is to stamp the opportunity end date on the contact record, but this does not work for us since one contact can have multiple opportunities - how would Marketo know which one to select, and how will we handle the unlimited # of possible opportunities? I wouldn't think we are the only company who has run into this problem with allowing multiple opportunities per contact and wanting to send renewal reminders... 

Thanks in advance for sharing any tips!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Renewal Reminder Notifications - How do you handle end date being on opportunity record?

Hi Megan,

Marketo can actually read opportunity fields but it cannot write to opportunity fields. So if you wanted to just retrieve the information from an opp, you could create a smart campaign with the filter below.

0EM50000000RfMa.jpg

You could just run this campaign once everyday, have it look for renewal end date in the past day, and have the email be worded appropriately. That'd be the easiest way.

Does this work? If not, I have another way, but it's far more complex.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Renewal Reminder Notifications - How do you handle end date being on opportunity record?

Hi Megan,

Marketo can actually read opportunity fields but it cannot write to opportunity fields. So if you wanted to just retrieve the information from an opp, you could create a smart campaign with the filter below.

0EM50000000RfMa.jpg

You could just run this campaign once everyday, have it look for renewal end date in the past day, and have the email be worded appropriately. That'd be the easiest way.

Does this work? If not, I have another way, but it's far more complex.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the suggestion - I was playing around with that filter for a while but don't think it occurred to me to try "in past 1 day" as the setting. I actually can't do that on opportunity end date because we need the emails to be triggered starting 90 days prior, but I think our sales ops team set up a field to stamp the date 90 days prior to end date as its own field and I should be able to use that, then in the flow set up wait steps so that emails hit at 90 days, 60 days, and 30 days prior to end date. 

Thank you!
Megan
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds like a good approach Megan. Cheers.