Renaming custom fields with formula

Heloise_Briere1
Level 2

Renaming custom fields with formula

Hi there!

I've created a custom field using a formula and I would like to rename it but the name seems to be locked. I'm an Admin:

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 3.05.20 PM.png

Any other way to modify the name?

Thanks in advance!

Heloise

9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Renaming custom fields with formula

As rename-able as any other custom field.

Heloise_Briere1
Level 2

Hi Sanford Whiteman thanks a lot for your answer. I probably missing something here because I don't see any "rename" functionality, even when double-clicking on the name (little lock on the right-hand side of the name), and Marketo says "field in use is read-only". I was wondering if it was because the field created is a Marketo formula?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Heloise

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

On the field screen, at the bottom, you have a "field use by" section. Check it displays "none":

pastedImage_1.png

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Heloise,

The field is probably used somewhere. If this is the case, the field cannot be renamed. You will have to remove the field from every smart campaign, smart list and form before you can rename it.

-Greg

Heloise_Briere1
Level 2

Hi Grégoire Michel , this custom field hasn't been used yet. I was looking for info to see if it might be linked to the fact that I'm using a Marketo formula in this custom field but couldn't find any info about it. Marketo tells me the name of the field is "in read-only" mode when I double click on the field's name. I can edit the formula but not the name of this custom field.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Heloise,

I just ran a test and I observed the same behavior: formula fields cannot be renamed

-Greg

Heloise_Briere1
Level 2

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Huh, color me corrected (first time in awhile!). Thought they'd be the same as any other field once not in use.

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

just hide the field and create a new one. If you'd like to delete it, check with Support and see if deleting is possible