SOLVED

Removing the .html from the URL?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing the .html from the URL?

Is it possible to remove the .html from landing pages?  I want to create cleaner URLs and its common these days not to have file name extensions in URLs.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing the .html from the URL?

The URLs will work without the ".html" suffix.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The URLs will work without the ".html" suffix.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huh, I never knew that! Always figured they would go to the fallback page... Learn something new every day!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  Works as promised.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless something has changed since this post. It absolutely does not work without the .html extension. The only thing that may affect it is that I haven't set up our sub-domain yet, so it's still the default marketo domain. But I'm transitioning from Pardot, which is not using the .html extension. So I'm dead in the water currently, any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, should have list the page I'm referring to: http://na-sjp.marketo.com/lp/touchbistro/fsrmagazinecom.html
Thanks!
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

Kyle - FYI, I tested a couple of my landing pages without the .html extension and they are coming up fine. So perhaps it is your sub-domain as you mentioned - or some other issue that support could probably help you figure out.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that after our sub-domain had propagated and taken effect, this feature then worked as described above. So note to future users: In my experience, dropping the .html extension will only work once the subdomain has been set up.

Amy, thanks for chiming in. Much appreciated!