Removing a lead from an engagement program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing a lead from an engagement program

We're setting up a new customer engagement program which will send a weekly "product tip" email to our clients.

Ideally, I'd like to set up triggers to add leads to the program when they become clients, and then remove them when they stop being clients.

Adding someone to the engagment program seems relatively straightforward.  However, removing seems more complicated - do I use "Remove from Program"
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Removing a lead from an engagement program

You should be able to Pause or Remove the lead at any point based on triggers. You can create a sister campaign within the Program to do that.
Anonymous
Not applicable

To further what Josh said, if you do a Change Program Status and remove the lead from the program, then you will loose all hisotrical reporting information. Therefore I would highliy recommend that you Change Engagement Program Cadence to Paused rather than remove leads from the program all together.

I typically create a "Pause" smart campaign and trigger off of all the things that would cause a lead to no longer receive engagement emails. Your case is a perfect example.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh and Sheila,

So the "Pause" is sort of like an indefinite "Wait" step?

If a Lead is "Paused" in one Engagement program, can they be part of another Engagement Program?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can think of "Pause" as an indefinite wait step.

A lead can be a member of multiple Engagement Programs at the same time and have any combination of pause/normal cadence in those programs.

Within a specific engagement program, a lead can only be in one stream at a time. And is normal or paused cadence for the entire program (not per stream).
Anonymous
Not applicable

If a lead is removed from an engagement program, what data is it that is lost? I keep reading that historical pogram data would be lost but I don't really understand what data that specifically is.