SOLVED

Re: Removing Users Best Practices?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Users Best Practices?

Couldn't find any documentation on this.

Are there any issues with deleting users in Marketo? Salesforce allows you to deactivate users and keep their activity histories, but I don't see any option for that in Marketo.

Let me know if you have any experience with this.

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Doug,

When you delete a Marketo user, all the assets they created will remain in your instance and you will be able to see any edits they have made.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Valerie_Armstro

Hi Doug,

When you delete a Marketo user, all the assets they created will remain in your instance and you will be able to see any edits they have made.
ChristinaZuniga

What if I create a user role called "Dead User" and give them 0 permissions. Could that work instead of deleting the user?

Jessica_Kao3

Does Marketo keep any historical information that would be useful that we would keep the user around? 

ChristinaZuniga

In some cases these "users" were temporary workers, contractors or seasonal interns. I'm worried if I delete their accounts that if they come back to work for my company and I try to make them a new account, there will be a historical record attached to their email address and I won't be able to issue them a licence under that email.

I'm hoping "dead user" role will allow me to confirm that they can't truly access the system but will preserve their account for when they inevitably boomerang back to the company.

Jessica_Kao3

That shouldn't be a problem with deleting them now and reissuing them a new license later.  I would be more concerned about them having access to your system when they shouldn't. 

Will_Thomas
Level 3

Marking them as a 'Dead User' wouldn't prevent them from logging in and seeing everything happening in your instance.  I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to recreate a deleted user.

If you're concerned enough it wouldn't be very hard to give permission to a dummy email, delete it, and then create it again.

ChristinaZuniga

Dead user is a new role I made with 0 permissions - so they could log in but see nothing beyond the community (which is standard with any account).