SOLVED

Re: Removing Someone From a Nurture Stream & Stream Transition Help

Go to solution
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Removing Someone From a Nurture Stream & Stream Transition Help

1. I have a nurture stream, but as soon as a lead closes a sale, i want them removed from the stream.  How would I go about doing this?
  2. I have two streams. This may be a bit of a logic puzzle.... but here it goes:
    1. There are 2 streams: A & B
    2. Once someone fills out a form, they get placed into A, but once they signify that they want to buy something, they need to get moved to B and removed from A. How do I do this?
    3. Once someone closes a sale, I want them to be removed from all streams. How can I do this?
    4. If someone were to fill out a form more than once, i don't want them to go through the nurture stream all over again. Is it ensured that each lead will go through a nurture stream only 1 time?

Thanks in advanced!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Canada2
Level 4

Don't remove them from the program (you'll lose the metrics). Use the "Change Engagement Program Cadence" flow step and change the cadence to paused based on the opportunity stage changing. This will stop any further emails being sent but keep all your lovely reporting.

Use the transition rules in the engagement program to pull someone from stream A into stream B - Transition Leads Between Engagement Streams - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Jeff Canada

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Jeff_Canada2
Level 4

Don't remove them from the program (you'll lose the metrics). Use the "Change Engagement Program Cadence" flow step and change the cadence to paused based on the opportunity stage changing. This will stop any further emails being sent but keep all your lovely reporting.

Use the transition rules in the engagement program to pull someone from stream A into stream B - Transition Leads Between Engagement Streams - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Jeff Canada
Danielle_Wong

Hi Jeff, thanks for the answer!  I will do as you suggested.

To qualify for Stream A, a lead would need to download an ebook. What would happen if someone in Stream B downloaded an ebook? I don't want them to go to Stream A. Is there anything I need to put in to prevent this?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

• If Fills Out Form, Add to Stream A
  • if they do X or Has Opp=T, then move to Stream B
  • If Opp=Won, move to Empty Stream and Pause Cadence
  • all of these are scheduled to Run Once per Lead. So there should be no issues.
Danielle_Wong

Thanks Josh!

Danielle_Wong

Once a cadence is Paused, what are some possible situations where they can be Unpaused?  I want to prevent those...

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You have to explicitly set the Cadence=Normal using a batch or other trigger. You get to decide.

Danielle_Wong

Great, makes sense. Thank you Josh!

Danielle_Wong

I set up the below Trigger Campaign to pause leads that become an SQL while in a Nurture Campaign. I had someone who became an SQL who was in a Nurture Stream. But that person was not paused. Did I do something wrong here?

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Jeff_Canada2
Level 4

That looks good to me, not sure why it wouldn't work.

Jeff Canada