Re: Removing Leads from Campaign Flow

Nick_Nappo
Level 4

Removing Leads from Campaign Flow

I launched an email send campaign, and some leads bounced back.  We have new emails for some of them, but not for all.

I would like to know two things.

1. What's the best way to add the new emails in for leads that are already in the flow?  Is there a sure-fire way to swap them out?

2. How do I remove the dud emails from the flow?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Nick,

Please move this post to Products​ as it is Marketo-specific.

1. If you update the email addresses for people currently in the flow, they will remain in the flow and the next "send email" step will use their new email address. However, if you have a process that removed people from a flow because an email bounced, then you will need to add them back into that flow.

2. Are you referring to how you remove the people with "dud" email addresses? Then you can use the "Remove from flow" flow step which will remove them from any current step and they will not run through the rest of the flow. They can enter the flow again if they qualify for the smart campaign.

Nick_Nappo
Level 4

Thanks, Devraj.  Would I add the "Remove from Flow" step to the flow even after the flow has been activated?  Or would I have to have had that step in the flow from the beginning?

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It depends. You can use the "Remove from flow" step as a run action on a number of people in a list or smart list and choose the specific smart campaign to remove them from. If you place the "Remove from flow" step in the actual flow, then all people in the flow at that step will be removed. So you can define the criteria for the "Remove from flow" step with the "Add Choice" condition and those that do not meet the criteria will perform the default choice. Also note that people who have completed all of the flow steps already do not need to be removed from the flow as they are no longer in the flow which is just defined as being in between steps or waiting for steps to be performed.