Re: Remove from Marketo and not SFDC - will lead re-sync?

Lindsay_Zanga
Level 2

Remove from Marketo and not SFDC - will lead re-sync?

Hi,

I am running reports on leads without an email address and I want to remove those leads from Marketo but NOT SFDC.  Sales would like to keep them in SFDC because they can call on them and try to source the email.  My question is if I remove from Marketo but not SFDC will these leads simply sync right back?  And if so, is there any logic I can build that says only sync SFDC leads where email field is not empty?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Lindsey,

Yes, they will come back as soon as someone updates them in SFDC. To prevent this, ask Support to activate the filter to sync only leads and contact with a non empty email. Once it's done, delete them from Marketo with "delete from SFDC" = False

-Greg

Lindsay_Zanga
Level 2

Thank you.  Will look into this option with Marketo support. Seems to make sense to not have it flow to marketo w/o an email since we can not complete campaigns if an email does not exist. Thanks!

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hi Lindsey,

The records will only sync back if there is a change that updates in SFDC them and only in that case. You can always build a smart campaign that runs nightly to delete any records that would have synced back.

Lindsay_Zanga
Level 2

Thank you.  I think this makes the most sense - to run a nightly or weekly delete from Marketo if email is blank.  Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Lindsay Zanga​!

As Greg and Alex correctly stated, if a change is made those records will be synced back to Marketo. They've already given you some great advice!

An alternative option is to ensure the Marketo Sync user has no visibility on those leads after you delete them from Marketo.

What the Marketo Sync user can't see, will not flow to Marketo whether you update it or otherwise.