SOLVED

Remove from Flow based upon current time

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove from Flow based upon current time

For our webinar programs, we are doing registration through Marketo and have reminders setup as part of the Flow. We mimic the GoToWebinar flow and send a confirmation and then a reminder 1 day before the webinar and again 1 hour before.

Let's say someone signs up 30 minutes before our webinar. They will receive the confirmation email and also the 1 day and 1 hour reminder emails.

I am trying to add in a Remove from Flow step to remove them from the Flow if they register after the point when the 1 day and 1 hour reminders come in.  I cannot figure out how to access "now" as a Choice option in a Remove from Flow step.

Ideas or other recommendations? Our flow is below.

0EM50000000RhrE.jpg
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Remove from Flow based upon current time

ok, the more I think about this, the more I'm unsure you even want to do it this way.

Why not set the reminder email as a separate batch campaign? Then you can schedule them at precise times.

That way if they register after the batch campaigns, they won't receive anything more than an reg email.

You could also turn off the registration 1 hr before by deactivation or by stamping the date on the record and then say if Activity Between X and Y, then don't register the person and send them an email.

Also, why are you rejecting anyone?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13

You want to use the tokens here

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LB9WCAW

{{system.dateTime}}

to get "now"

or use {{system.Time}}
Josh_Hill13

ok, the more I think about this, the more I'm unsure you even want to do it this way.

Why not set the reminder email as a separate batch campaign? Then you can schedule them at precise times.

That way if they register after the batch campaigns, they won't receive anything more than an reg email.

You could also turn off the registration 1 hr before by deactivation or by stamping the date on the record and then say if Activity Between X and Y, then don't register the person and send them an email.

Also, why are you rejecting anyone?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Josh. We went the route of removing the 1 day and 1 hour follow ups from the Flow. The registration flow now ends at the confirmation email. We created two new Scheduled Campaigns to send the 1 day and 1 hour email.

I was trying to force fit everything into the Flow so I could work off of tokens.

The new design is better, but a bit more work to Clone each week, but not too bad.

Thanks for the advice.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, and we are not rejecting anyone. We just want to make it so that if someone does register at the last minute, they only get the confirmation email and not the 1 day and 1 hour emails. Separating the logic solves that. We love last minute attendees!