Remove branded tracking domain

Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

Remove branded tracking domain

when we started using Marketo, i set up branded tracking domain, as adviced here https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LK86CAG

however, now i want to go back and remove it. how can this be done?
is it save just to go and remove it and hit safe? 
i'm a little bit nervous because we now have so many email campaigns running so i'm afraid i do something wrong and links stop working
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remove branded tracking domain

Can I ask why do you want to remove it?

Do you want to change it to something else?

Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

we had several complaints from our customers that our emails are seen as "fraud" by their thunderbird email clients
i've searched thunderbird security documentation, and they only do this when the real link does not match the displayed link inside email

so i thought our branded "go.mycompany" may be the case that's why i want to remove it and see what happens

but i want to make sure i won't break anything when i do it
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think to be on the safe side you would need to replace it with the branding domain that was originally there.
It usually looks like mkto-x1234.com. It would be best to reach out to support to confirm what your specific branding domain is.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mention "real link does not match the displayed link inside email". Are you certain that you have updated your DNS, have DKIM and SPF in place? Technically, your email is coming from Marketo on behalf of your company's domain. If SPF and DKIM aren't in place, that could be causing an issue with deliverability. 

I would be surprised if the real link not matching the displayed link is causing your deliverability issue. Let us know if you get to the bottom of this!