Re: Remove Leads from Graveyard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove Leads from Graveyard

Hi Marketo Community,

I was wondering if it's possible to pull contacts out of the graveyard to attempt sending them emails again. I have a few contacts who were able to receive communications from our team for several months before, but after a hard bounce were segmented to graveyard. It looks like I can set up a smart campaign to run these contacts through a flow to change their data value to Graveyard= false. Has anyone had success with this?

Thanks!

Trisha

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Michael_White
Level 5

Hi Trisha!

"Graveyard" is likely a custom attribute created in your instance of Marketo, so yes -- you shouldn't have any problems running a "Data Value Change" flow step on the contacts you would like to set as "False".

P.S. -- for Marketo-related questions like this, you'll often have better luck posting to the "Product Discussions" area of the Community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help Michael! It was a custom field, and based on what you said I was able to run a flow to change the data values.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Trisha,

As Michael mentioned, it does sound like a custom field so you should have no problem in changing their value.

If this "Graveyard" list referes to people that have hardbounced, I would suggest checking the records for some bounce trends or put in place some data cleaning processes. May be try communicating with them through another channel giving them the chance to update their details if required.

If the "Graveyard" is a list where you put your non-engaged leads, there are a number of very useful Programs and strategies you can use to re-engage them. Check this link: 10 Examples of Email Re-engagement Campaigns You’ll Want to Steal

Hope it helps!