Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Removal of "Is Anonymous" filters.

Also, vote for   and

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi all who wonder how to prevent a smart campaign to run retroactively. Just set a filter "lead was created" filter (no date constraint).

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

And a "Not lead was created" filter (no time constraint) for smart campaigns that should not run after lead creation

Yun_Bai1
Level 4

Hello Gregoire,

Since the "Is Anonymous" filter is gone, if we want to filter "Anonymous Leads" (not through Web Activity Report) and delete those "Anonymous Leads, can you advice that how can we make our goal happen?

If I do this, can we say I found "Anonymous Leads"?

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Becky

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Becky,

You cannot access these anonymous people any longer, but they do not count against your licence quota either. An Marketo delete them if they remain inactive on your web site during 90 days.

So why would you want to delete them ?

-Greg

Yun_Bai1
Level 4

Thank you so much Gregoire for your quick response. And great question for why do we want to delete them.

Because "we thought" that anonymous people are belong to our Marketo Database. We want to clean out the database by deleting certain type of leads, so the database will have more capacity. I am not sure if those anonymous people occupied / count in the database. If they are not really count as part of the database, I won't suggest to delete them.

Best,

Becky

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Becky,

"we thought" that anonymous people are belong to our Marketo Database

No, they don't

-Greg

Yun_Bai1
Level 4

Hi Greg,

So you meant that Marketo will automatically delete those anonymous if they remain inactive on your web site during 90 days? If so. That's great.

Best,

Becky

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Becky,

Yes, this is correct.

-Greg

Yun_Bai1
Level 4

Thank you again Greg! Appreciate for your quick and clear response. Have a good day:)