SOLVED

Re: Removal of "Is Anonymous" filters.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mike Reynolds​ - I followed your link Anonymous Lead Upgrades – Analytics Reports and I am a bit confused about the images shown in that link and what I am seeing in our set up. Instead of seeing "Anonymous Visitors" I see "Activity Source". Since I don't see a way to add both known and anonymous to the same report (set up filters are greyed out on the right), I've had to create a "known" report and an "anonymous" report. Is this user error, a bug on our end that needs support, or are the pictures in the link incorrect? Or none of the above? Thanks for all your documentation and help with these questions!

What I see instead of "Anonymous Visitors" in the setup tab

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 12.36.28 PM.png

My options when I try to edit "Activity Source"

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 12.36.33 PM.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Rachel,

You are raising a good point there. What You See Is What... It Is Now Indeed , we can no longer have know leads and anonymous all together in the report.

Due the fact that they are separated databases now, I think it would be technically complex to have a joint report.

If you enter the idea, I'll vote for it though .

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Grégoire Michel, went to add the idea and saw that Michelle Wilkinson beat me to it!

As a global company we separate our web activity reports by region. I don't think my sales team would be too thrilled if I suddenly start flooding their inboxes with even more reports...

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Voted

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Greg, You'll only be able to do one at a time, either known or anonymous. It's telling the report setup to point to a different "store" of information, so it's an all-or-nothing switch. That's how it is for now, but I really like the idea so I voted for that one myself as well. It'll take time to develop that, but this is what we have for now.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Mike,

Yes, this what I had figured out

Thx for voting, though.

-Greg

Maarten_Westdo2
Level 2

Hi Mike Reynolds,

With regards to the inferred company information for anonymous leads, we actually built out an smart campaign that alerts sales reps when an anonymous visitors inferred company name matches with a list of predefined company names (their top 50 wish list accounts) and sends them an immediate report, which enables them to do more targeted "cold calling".

Would you say this is still possible in the new setup?

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

that won't work as a Smart List anymore. However, instead you can use the Web Page Activity Report and the Company Web Activity Report​ and have the sales rep subscribe. My understanding is that you can still use a Smart List there (however, no need for the 'is anonymous' filter). I'll let Mike confirm that though.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

While it's good to know of a workaround as to where to still find this data, our concern is that all of the trigger campaigns that we have setup to send an email notification to the respective sales execs when a threshold is reached on specific web activity (e.g., visits 5 or more high value pages in a day) within a specific account, will no longer function.  This was a huge value add that Marketing provided to Sales.  Now that's lost.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh, now I have to redo our documentation for sales.