SOLVED

Re: Removal of "Is Anonymous" filters.

Go to solution
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Dan Stevens​ This won't be lost. Once a lead becomes known, any campaigns that would have triggered when the lead was anonymous will still be triggered at the time it is promoted to known, so those will all still work. Plus, since anonymous visitors have no contact information and are therefore useless to your sales execs, waiting until they are known and have that contact info available seems like it would be a better solution anyway.

There is one big technical issue to note here though. It's noted in the Anonymous Lead Upgrades – Under The Hood doc, but should be reiterated here.

Smart campaigns triggered at the time of lead promotion will only execute 5 specific flow actions. No other flow actions other than these will be executed in that replay at lead promotion to known lead:

1. Change Score

2. Interesting Moment

3. Change Data Value

4. Add to List

5. Remove from List

If your campaign is using a Send Alert flow step, it won't be executed. There's an easy work around though--have the lead added to a static list instead. Then have a recurring batch campaign running to send the alert for any leads on that list, then remove them from the list. This needs to be a recurring batch campaign and not a triggered campaign because of another technical detail (sorry) noted in that same Under The Hood doc--secondary campaigns will not be triggered.

Under hood secondary campaign example.PNG

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Mike Reynolds​ - actually, this will all be lost since these alerts are triggered based on anonymous activity - well before if and when they become known.  This is one of those value-ads that Marketing was providing to Sales (in addition to all of the existing workflows/campaigns in place against known leads).  

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Jep Castelein​  Maarten Westdorp​, Jep is correct, the Web Page Activity Report and Company Web Activity Reports will both give you that same data and you can set up a report subscription to get that data to your sales team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just posted an Idea   for creating a Release Readiness program. Either this "Is Anonymous" change should have been in beta with customers or at least a discussion held on this several MONTHS in advance so admins can analyze and make appropriate changes to their orgs. I'm personally getting very frustrated on the communications around upcoming release changes that affect end users or processes.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Mike Reynolds​ and Kenny Elkington​,

What about the created date ? Is it going to be the date of the creation of the cookie or the date at which the lead had been promoted ?

-Greg

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Greg,

Created date for the "Lead Was Created" activity in the activity log will be the date/time when the lead took the action to become known. Let's say the lead first started navigating your site on January 1st. Then on January 15th, they filled out a form, promoting them to a known lead. The "Lead Was Created" date/time will be January 15th.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Mike Reynolds​,

Correct me if I am wrong, but this will be a significant difference with today's behavior, as currently the created date would be Jan 1st in your example.

-Greg

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Greg,

No, that's actually the same as the current behavior. The New Lead activity is logged at the time the lead becomes known. If you look through the activity log, you'll see all the anonymous web activity and then the New Lead activity is logged right after the Form Fill activity or whatever action they took to become known. So, that part is actually the same as current behavior.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Mike Reynolds​,

My question was not about the new lead activity but about the "Created" field, which reflects the exact date/time at which the lead was created as anonymous in the Database. What will be the value of this field with the next release ?

-Greg

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Greg,

Ok, I see what you're referring to. Not the activity log at all, but the Created Date/Time stamp on the Lead Info tab. That refers to the specific time the lead record was created. Since a traditional lead record isn't created until the lead is promoted, I believe that would reflect that time when the lead was promoted to known lead. The anonymous web activity will be housed in a different "store", which is why the anonymous lead records won't exist any more. That activity is pulled into the known lead record when that is created, but the Created Date/Time stamp on the Lead Info tab of the lead record refers specifically to the date/time when that lead record was created.

Currently that does show the first anonymous activity (because an anonymous lead record is created), but after Munchkin V2 rolls out, it will then show the date/time when the known lead record is created (when they take action to become known)