SOLVED

Re: Removal of "Is Anonymous" filters.

Go to solution
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Do you literally mean Anonymous Lead that is completely blank other than behavior?

You should only see the scoring activate when someone becomes Known and then their Anonymous behaviors are scored.

Liz_Medlicott
Level 1

This is what I am seeing, hope this helps!

Capture.PNG

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Courtney,

You will still be able to track that path of leads through your marketing programs. Visits Web Page triggers will fire at the time the lead becomes known, so the Change Score, Interesting Moment, Change Data Value, Add to List and Remove from List flow steps will still work for your tracking. So if you're using static lists in particular, there won't be any impact other than waiting until the lead becomes known to gather that tracking data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

I am quite concerned about the scoring and the population of "Interesting moments" as well.

Will all triggers work as you just explained for "Visit web page"?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Claire

hena_wells
Level 5

Hi Claire MARBACH,

Have a look at the example in Next Generation Munchkin Tracking FAQ - Marketo Docs - Product Docs . It covers how scoring/Interesting Moments would work. Let us know if it does not clarify your question.

Aj

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Arjun,

Sorry but no it doesn't.

The only example you use is the "visit web page" trigger, and I need to know if all other trigger will work the same way.

Could you please confirm this?

Thanks a lot,

Claire

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Mike,

The issue and rub here is in fact that wait time between the record being anonymous and becoming known (if they in fact ever become known on that session.)

To use a very simplified example, let's say Widgets Co. is using paid advertising to promote Product A, Product B and Product C. There's a Marketo program that tracks clicks, 1-session conversions and multi-session conversions. Right now, if someone clicks on an ad for Product A and Product C but still is unknown, I can isolate that specific web activity in Marketo along with IP/inferred firmographic data—if a company is whale hunting for large accounts, I can then pass the information along that Whale Company was looking at Products A and C to enhance the conversation sales has.

While this could technically be done with other products, the relative ease and friendliness for being able to show anonymous data and have Marketo automatically append data before the point of becoming known was a big win for marketing-sales alignment. Now this puts that at risk, or at the very least is going to require a good deal of workaround development.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This is an exact use-case of how we're using the "is anonymous" filter today in our smart campaigns that at least provide company-level insight into our paid campaigns.  See my earlier reply above - but in essence, this smart list will no longer work and the account-level activity that our sales execs have been receiving will go away.  This is not good.

pastedImage_0.png

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Seconding this.

Our digital marketing team that is responsible for all top of the funnel lead generation will be 1/2 as productive and helpful without the access to anonymous lead data. Marketing Ops and demand gen will not be as good either.

This is a huge step backwards for Marketo and marketing teams using Marketo.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

I also have customers who were using the "is anonymous" filter to get a measurement of the number of visits and compare with the new known leads generated in the same period from online forms, in order to measure their ability to attract and convert anonymous visitors.

Although this can surely be done with Google Analytics, it requires a separate application. It also convenient to have everything in the same place

-Greg