SOLVED

Remedying the 'registration error'.

Go to solution
Kimi_Heskett1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Remedying the 'registration error'.

Of course today, we sent out a link to a new webinar series and had hundred of registants... and today GoTo decided to have a real bad day and be broken for a while. Therefore I have about 80 folks x 4 webinars who suffered a registration error and didn't get unique URLs, etc.

What's the best way to remedy these folks? Do I manually register them via the form? Is there a simple way in Marketo to run them through again so that the confirmation email (set up in Marketo) reruns to them all? 

My guess is to select all with 'registration error' and then request my 'registrants' campaign that sends a confirmation email.

Any thoughts?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remedying the 'registration error'.

Hey Kimi. for my confirmation email I built in a little logic to prevent the confirmation email from going out if there's no unique ID back from G2M.  So after they fill out the form the first step is Status = Registered. then wait two minutes. Then if status = registered, then send out the email. That just helps prevent any erroneous emails sent. It doesn't help with the reg error though. Once that's fixed I just clone my registration trigger & change it to batch. If Status = Reg error, then everything i said above.

If that doesn't make sense I'll make screenshots.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kimi! Yes I heard about the GoToMeeting system was down this morning.

In the past when we received registration errors, we created a smart campaign to change the program status to 'Registered' and then send confirmation email.

Hope this helps and cross your fingers this doesn't happen again.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm facing the same issue! However, we rely on the GTW confirmation email, not one through Marketo. Can I use that process - simply change their status to "Registered?"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Kimi. for my confirmation email I built in a little logic to prevent the confirmation email from going out if there's no unique ID back from G2M.  So after they fill out the form the first step is Status = Registered. then wait two minutes. Then if status = registered, then send out the email. That just helps prevent any erroneous emails sent. It doesn't help with the reg error though. Once that's fixed I just clone my registration trigger & change it to batch. If Status = Reg error, then everything i said above.

If that doesn't make sense I'll make screenshots.
Kimi_Heskett1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Great tip, Adam! I'm going to add that safety measure in the future. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

We created a waterfall job that then resyncs (change status) any reg errors in a 24hr period. If status gets updated to Registered then we remove them from flow. After 24 hrs we send an alert to the system admin who can dig further and troubleshoot.