SOLVED

Registrants "Stuck" in GoToWebinar

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Registrants "Stuck" in GoToWebinar

I have a few webinars scheduled and collecting registrations using my GoToWebinar form for the next few months. I recently connected GoToWebinar to Marketo through Launchpoint and connected these webinars to programs (because we're going to run follow up, etc through Marketo from now on). The connection did not "bring down" the registrants from GoToWebinar - it's showing 0 members. Support confirmed that we can't sync those people from GoToWebinar to Marketo because they used the GoToWebinar form, not a Marketo form.

Has anyone dealt with this before? All I can think of is a list upload of their information and marking them as "Registered" for my event, but if I do that, will GoToWebinar recognize them after the event when it marks them "Attended" or "No Show" or will it create duplicates?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Registrants "Stuck" in GoToWebinar

Hi Christina,

the only way the GTW integration is supposed to work is when you use a Marketo form to register people and mark them with a registered program member status when they do so. The opposite, i.e. registering people in GTW and having them show up as registered in Marketo does not work and the integration doc is clear about this. They will flow to Marketo once they are marked in GTW as attended (if they attend of course).

The right way to use the GTW integration (and other webinar integrations, BTW) is to manage everything in Marketo and deactivate forms and all emails in GTW. Use only Marketo email for invitations, registration confirmation or reminders.

You are right, the only way to fix it know is to export the list from GTW, then delete the registrants in GTW (otherwise you will have duplicates in GTW), then import the list in Marketo and set them as program members with a "registered" status in Marketo. Make sure prior to this that your channel is a webinar type of channel and is set up correctly. Once they are imported in Marketo and mark as registered, they will be pushed again in GTW and it will work correctly.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Christina,

the only way the GTW integration is supposed to work is when you use a Marketo form to register people and mark them with a registered program member status when they do so. The opposite, i.e. registering people in GTW and having them show up as registered in Marketo does not work and the integration doc is clear about this. They will flow to Marketo once they are marked in GTW as attended (if they attend of course).

The right way to use the GTW integration (and other webinar integrations, BTW) is to manage everything in Marketo and deactivate forms and all emails in GTW. Use only Marketo email for invitations, registration confirmation or reminders.

You are right, the only way to fix it know is to export the list from GTW, then delete the registrants in GTW (otherwise you will have duplicates in GTW), then import the list in Marketo and set them as program members with a "registered" status in Marketo. Make sure prior to this that your channel is a webinar type of channel and is set up correctly. Once they are imported in Marketo and mark as registered, they will be pushed again in GTW and it will work correctly.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg, I had hoped this wouldn't be the case! Luckily I only have a few webinars on the old system, all new ones going forward will be via Marketo so I should only have to fix this one time...

Scott_Strand
Level 3

I see this is 3 years old...is this still the way the integration works? I'm surprised by this, but it would make sense with the issue I'm having (getting GTW registrants to populate in a synced Marketo campaign).

Please let me know!
Scott