Re: Registered Trademark Symbol not displaying accurately in Marketo emails

Kim_Yearwood
Level 2

Registered Trademark Symbol not displaying accurately in Marketo emails

We are having an issue with ® displaying inaccurately in Marketo emails. It always keeps a space between the brand name and the mark. They will not sit side by side even if they are html coded to display side by side with no spacing. Has anyone been able to apply a working code to this issue? Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Hi Kim,

This is what the registered trademark symbol looks like in HTML version of our email: <sup>&reg;</sup> which is listed right after the product name. Does this help? Otherwise it may be a template issue.

Tom Kerlin
Kim_Yearwood
Level 2

Yes, that's the code we use as well. Thanks for the input. I don't think it would be template related as we're using the Marketo WYSIWYG editor for text in this instance.

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Kim,

Can you share the entire html section? Including the code that comes after "<sup>&reg;</sup>"?

Kim_Yearwood
Level 2

It is a single line of text. The full code has been tried 2 ways & neither work:

Summer Sposh<span style="font-size: 16px;">&reg;</span> Sale Extended!

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 10.02.43 AM.png

Summer Sposh<sup>&reg;</sup> Sale Extended! (which displays correctly in the Edit Draft mode, but incorrectly - as shown below in the Preview mode)

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 10.06.03 AM.png

The closest I have been able to come to a solution is a bit of a patch job that doesn't display well in Edit Draft, but does work in Preview mode

Summer Sposh<sup style="margin-left: -5px; font-size: 14px;">&reg;</sup> Sale Extended!

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 10.15.23 AM.png

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Kim,

The second option should be working correctly.

Can you try:

<span style="font-size: 16px;">Summer Sposh<sup>&reg;</sup> Sale Extended!</span>

Kim_Yearwood
Level 2

I edited my answer above to show the 3rd alternative that works for us. Thanks for your time with this - Have a great weekend!

Kim_Yearwood
Level 2

This is a set font size for this title & we can't edit that size for approval reasons, but thanks again. I did find a work-around.

Lindsey_Petrama
Level 1

Hi Kim. We are having that same issue. What was your work around?

Lindsey Petramala
Anthony_Figgin1
Level 4

Hey there, not sure if this is fully answered, and the above solutions did not seem to work across all platforms.

What I did to solve this problem was added a span around the word with letter spacing set to zero. Letter spacing is supported on all platforms to my knowledge and does the trick every time. Here is how it looks in my code.

Trade <span style="letter-spacing: 0px;">Mark<sup>&reg;</sup></span>