Register multiple Leads in the same Form

Anonymous
Not applicable

Register multiple Leads in the same Form

Hi there,

I have to set up a form for a Customer Summit in Norway - apparently they are used to sending the email with CTA to the Landing Page/Form to one person and allowing that person to also register up to 5 other people from the same Company at the same time.

Does anyone have any advice on this one?

I'm told that this is usual practice in Norway and there are no Data Protection issues with doing this.

So I guess the form would need a section where other people's email addresses can be entered.

19 REPLIES 19
Colin_Mann
Level 5

Re: Register multiple Leads in the same Form

You could just go down the route of custom fields or create additional form fields i.e. Register More People and then it opens up the same basic form with the required fields. However, see some guidance about one potential approach at: How to Use Marketo Forms to Register Multiple Event Attendees​

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Wow, what a sloppy and resource-intensive solution for a simple problem.

The approach Pavel and Jim refer to is cleaner, faster, more manageable.  At least a year and a half ago I posted a demo of recursively posting the same form across a list of email addresses.

Colin_Mann
Level 5

This is a community of people at different levels and clearly I don't have your experience so I'd welcome an educational tone to any replies.

SanfordWhiteman

Oh, it's not your fault at all that the design is a clunker. Redrawing an entire landing page and form for every additional submission is pretty self-evidently suboptimal, though, isn't it? And there are sharper solutions posted from a year earlier.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you could share the link to your original solution that would be most appreciated...

Jim_Thao7
Level 9

There is currently no out of the box solution for this. 

However, from a custom solution perspective, you can use this: http://developers.marketo.com/blog/clearing-marketo-tracking-cookie-from-forms-2-0-submission/

Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

Hello Michael,

if you want to allow the additional registrant's details on the same page, you could create additional fields (Marketo or non-Marketo) and submit the additional records in the background using the technique detailed here http://developers.marketo.com/blog/make-a-marketo-form-submission-in-the-background/.

Best,

Pavel

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not entirely sure how that helps me - example: - I send an invite to Mike and he wants to register 3/5/15/82 other people and he is asked to enter their data in subsequent forms until he's finished.

So for me,with my level of Marketo knowledge, Colin's suggestion is the only one that I can even begin to implement...

Thanks Colin!

SanfordWhiteman

I'm not entirely sure how that helps me - example: - I send an invite to Mike and he wants to register 3/5/15/82 other people and he is asked to enter their data in subsequent forms until he's finished.

Yeah, you can reload the entire LP and all its content every time.  I can't think of a UX that would drive me, personally, away faster than the realization that the entire page is going to need to redraw every time, so I can't even see the data I've already entered. On mobile there's no way I'm going through that. A button to Add Friends on the same page is going to keep my interest, in contrast.

But I'm certainly not saying reloading the LP doesn't conform to the letter of "registering multiple people," it's that it doesn't conform to the spirit of demand gen since I think your conversions will suffer strongly.