Register API forms as landing pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Register API forms as landing pages

I have noticed that using forms via the API don’t show up as a “landing page” in Marketo. The marketing team is requesting this just for the reporting aspect. Does anybody know if there is anyway either by code or in Marketo to essentially “register” a custom API form as a landing page so that Marketo recognizes it and can properly use it?

If anyone has any advice id greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Register API forms as landing pages

If I understand this correctly, you are using the API to create leads and would also like to log an activity.  The most straightforward approach would be to POST to the form end-point and not use the SOAP API synclead call.  Details are in this community discussion - http://community.marketo.com/apex/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PYzlAAG

L
ook for Jep's Best Answer
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jep,

Is there anyway to use the hidden field formid in the API in order to achive the same results as using the POST to marketo method?

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, see step #2 of Jep's answer -

2. Find a Form ID

In the Marketo UI, select the form and look at the URL: it should be of the format https://app-x.marketo.com/#FO8B2ZN12. Behind the # sign, look at the number immediately following “FO” to find the Form ID. In this case, the Form ID is 8. In some cases, your first form may be numbered 1001 and count up from there. The Form ID is a variable, so that you can trigger the submission of different forms.

6. Decide Which Fields to POST

You can include any Marketo Lead field in your form submission. Please note that field names are case sensitive. In addition to the fields you want to submit there are two mandatory fields and two recommended fields:

Mandatory fields on the form:

·         munchkinId - enter your Munchkin Account ID as the value
·         formid - indicates which form in Marketo has been submitted

Recommended fields on the form:

·         Email - this is used as the primary key for deduplication; if it finds a matching email address in the Marketo database, it will update the existing record, otherwise it will create a new record; if multiple matches, it will update the most recently updated record
·         _mkt_trk - this carries the cookie information, so you’ll be able to track the individual’s web page visits; if you have Munchkin on your form page, the Munchkin will automatically enter a value in this (hidden) form field. If no, read it from the cookie with the same name and pass it to Marketo in this field
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Raj,

Thank you for the quick answer! Do you happen to know the API Key name for the "formid"? I tried before using formid and it did not work for me and when I export the fields in marketo I can not find it either.

Thanks