Referral program - Skipped Empty Syndication ID

Anonymous
Not applicable

Referral program - Skipped Empty Syndication ID

Hi,

Has anybody successfully set up a referral program which actually credits the referrer (customer) when the referred (lead) turns into a customer?

They say it should be doable here : Referral Initiative - Marketo Docs - Product Docs  but I have not had much luck finding anybody who can get this to work?

I have seen a few old posts about the same issue, but no answers.

Any input is much appreciated

6 REPLIES 6
Emily_Jansen1
Level 2

Re: Referral program - Skipped Empty Syndication ID

Morten Callesen I'm having the same issue. Did you ever get this resolved? Support is unable to help me at this point.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of interest are you using the referral trigger and filter within the campaign so that the program is associated?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, and campaign is correctly associated - if a related opportunity is set to "won" the campaign is credited correctly - so Marketo knows which opps are related 😞

Emily_Jansen1
Level 2

Hey Matthew, yes, the trigger and filter are nested under the referral program as local assets. Marketo support helped me test and it wouldn't work for them either.

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 3.15.55 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Emily, sadly no.

I have been told I have misunderstood the functionality - I have been offered a call with development team so that they can build something bespoke for me.

I will keep you posted - do let me know if you come across solutions 🙂

Emily_Jansen1
Level 2

I did find a workaround that is working for us for now, but we can't do fulfillment in the program itself because of it.

We are manually grabbing the cf_synd_id that is passed through in the short URL given to people participating in the referral offer and capture that same parameter in a hidden field from new leads filling out the form. I then have a vlookup in Excel that's matching the referral program participants to the new leads they've driven to the page based on the cf_synd_id parameter. We've been able to match everyone up and give the correct credit, but it's in no way automated.

Let me know how your call goes. I'd love for this product to actually work as true referral program!